Happy National Booklovers Day, y’all! It’s our day to shine. 😀 😀
Abigail from Books, Life, and Christ always has the best tags, so I’m stealing this fantastic one from her. I especially love that it makes me look harder at the books I own and identify what’s unique about each of them. ❤ Be sure to check out her answers. 😉
1. Do you have a book with tattered edges?
My copy of Man O’ War by Walter Farley is second hand, so it was the most tattered thing I could think of, though it’s still in pretty good condition. I think with a little tape, it’ll be good. 😀
2. Do you have a book with 3+ people on the cover?
This one was harder than expected, but I found Skylark by Patricia MacLachlan. I sooo love the colors, don’t you? ❤
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
I’m hilariously bad at guesstimating, so this took me a little while. XD Ready or Not by Chautona Havig turned out to be right. 😉 (And it’s a pretty awesome book to boot.)
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
6. Do you have a mass market paperback book?
I have a dislike-hate relationship with mass market books actually. The size is just kinda hard to read, and I don’t like how they look on shelves, but The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams more than makes up for my prejudice against that. 😉 (FYI, my copy is filtered.)
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
Left to Die by Ivy Rose is one I thought of. The author has since changed her pen name to her real first name Hailey, which is super gorgeous as well.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
Okay, so there were several of these (including one of my own!), but I chose A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall. You should read it, by the way.
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
*screeches* THE GLASS SENTENCE by S.E. Grove! It is sooo fascinating in its worldbuilding and plot. ❤ (There are some things I dislike about it, as evidenced by the creepy cover, so read my review to see if it’s something you’d like.)
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle! 😀 Nuff said. I loved the books, and I really, really liked the BBC TV show of it (filtered).
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (Celebrity/Athlete/Politician/TV Personality…)
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
Nope, that should be rectified. Any recommendations?
13. Do you have a poetry book?
No… Poetry and I are not exactly the best of friends. Maybe I should get myself a book of Shel Silverstein’s stuff…
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
Calico Bush by Rachel Field, and it deserves all the awards. ❤
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
Yes, actually. Down to the middle initial too. 😀 Dreamlander by K.M. Weiland. 😉
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
The only one I have is The Mystery of the Mansion by Susie Hubler, unless my Winnie the Pooh and Sherlock ones count. 😀
17. Do you have a book that is in between 500-510 pages?
The Book Thief was a little over, and The Glass Sentence was a little under.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
There are many on my shelves, but we’re going with Wonder by R.J. Palacio because both the book and the movie are sooo amazing. ❤ I got to read the book first, and then watched the movie just a month or so ago. Amazing, just seriously amazing. (Also, I’m reading the companion novel right now, and it’s also blowing me away.)
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
Not on my physical bookshelf, but I do love Martin and Marco by Jonny Jimison.
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
Oh, wow, this one was hard… I chose the Farm Mysteries series by Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Castleberry. They’re a ton of fun, especially for younger readers.
There you go! I hope you enjoyed. 😀
Sometime I’ll do an updated bookshelf tour (my book collection has grown massively since my last one) and show you all some of my other favorites. 😉
I hope you had a good Booklovers Day!