About a billion blogger years ago, I bookmarked a super cool tag from Sunny Houk and this seemed like a fun time to do it. 😉
Behold! The questions…
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
Oh my word! I can’t imagine my TBR (to-be-read list) ever getting that big, but sometimes it can be pretty hard to choose what to read next. It usually depends on what I have on hand and what mood I’m in. 😉
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I always DNF or skim if I run across bad content, but if the book is just not an interesting story or is badly written, it varies. I stay in for at least two chapters (because I know from experience, books often get better after then), but if it’s failing to catch my interest, I bail more easily than I used to. 😉
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Eeek, scary! It depends on how far behind I am, but I think I’d try. 😀 Novellas are magical for this. 😉
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Stealing Sunny’s perfect answer–I will survive. It really depends if its a paperback vs hardback.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
I keep my opinions quiet until I hear a murmur of “that book is overrated” and then I take to that person. XD My family also has pretty similar book tastes to me, so I have them to rant to as well. 😛
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
Um, I don’t read in public often, but judging from my reactions in the movie theater, I don’t think I’d be able to hold back. 😉
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Nope, I’ll remember as I read the sequel (authors often include a summary) or maybe read some reviews as a refresher. Also, if the first book is that forgettable, why read the sequel?
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
Um, I’m not good at this. Suggestions, please. 😉
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I will take a reading break or choose something light but satisfying.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I rarely buy a book right when it comes out, but when I do it’s usually just one. 😉 There are about four right now that I have my eye on, though. *is trying to be patient for my birthday*
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Hahahahahha. Mood reader, here! I still have a few books I bought and haven’t read yet. 😉 But it’s nice to know that when I want them, they’re there!
There you go! Those are my answers/confessions. 😉 I’d love to see yours if you pick up this tag! 😀