The rules of this tag are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this tag and link to their blog.
List the rules so the next nominees will know them. (This can be at the beginning or end of your post.)
- Include the ‘Eclipse’ image somewhere in your post.
- Answer the 3 questions, and ask 3 questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Nominate 3 people, and make sure they find out that they have been nominated.
I actually didn’t get to see the eclipse this year since I didn’t have the equipment for it and was in school during those hours. I do remember how weirdly dark it got at that time of day, which was pretty cool. 😀
One of my favorite things about the eclipse, though, is all the weird memes that have come out of it…
Okay, memes over. (For now. :P) Now for the questions!
- Name your top three favorite historical persons and why. Hrrrrm… This is a terrible question because CHOICES. (Does Sherlock Holmes count??!) I guess I’ll go with Monsignor Hugh O’Flaherty, a Vatican priest who saved 6,500 Allied officers and Jews during World War 2. Next up, John Hyde “The Apostle of Prayer”. (He’s been quite the inspiration to me!) His missionary work through prayer far transcended his physical infirmities. Lastly, Sir Nicholas Winton, an English journalist who smuggled 669 children (most of them Jewish) out of Czechoslovakia as World War 2 was just beginning. I have many other heroes as well, but these were the first three that came to mind.
- If you were stuck on a desert island, with all physical necessities met, which book of the Bible would you bring with you? It’s really a toss-up between The Book of Isaiah and The Gospel of Jesus According to John. Isaiah is one of my favorite books–full of Messianic prophecy, mercy, and yes, some uncomfortable justice too. Also, it’s very long, so that’s in its favor! But John is full of God’s love and the Gospel which would definitely be more encouraging and helpful when stuck on a desert island. As you can see, it’s very hard to choose, so hopefully, when I get stuck somewhere, I can have my whole Bible with me. 😉
- What is the one food that you absolutely refuse to eat, not because of dietary issues, but personal tastes? (For example, I hate plain peas. I can not and will not eat peas. The flavor and texture do not blend. Now split pea soup, that’s a different story!) Wow, so of course none of the exotic ones like scorpions and the-head-of-this-gross-thing-and-it’s-eyeballs-too. Also, no peas. I guess the food that would fit best into this category is seafood. Bleck, bleck, bleck. It’s like squishy bland stuff that’s like oatmeal but even worse and probably has eyes.
Thanks for the questions, Tanner!
Now for Gabby’s…
- If you were told you were to die tomorrow, would you continue living as you are now? What would you do differently, or would you continue on just as your day was planned? I think I would plan my day a little better, just to get all the important things like saying goodbye, giving my stuff away, and opening the correct book to die with done. In all seriousness (if that’s possible), I would live more gratefully.
- What is one thing always in the back of your mind that you dream of doing but constantly put off and decide that ‘someday’ you’ll work towards, accomplish or just do? Hrrrm… I think it would be to participate in NaNoWriMo (a challenge to write 50k words in the month of November). I’ve skipped it the past two years for very good reasons and may have to again this year. It’s still a dream of mine to do it sometime, but we’ll see. 😉
- And lastly…why in the world do you suppose we have to add this completely irrelevant picture to a game of tag?? My guess is that this tag was originally created back when the eclipse was happening, but no one can know for certain. 😉
Thanks for the questions, Gabby!
And now my questions for you all, if you’d like to pick this tag up and do it on your blogs. I’m gonna go with six questions since I was double-tagged (does this mean I’m frozen??), and you can choose your three favorite questions to answer.
- Did you watch the solar eclipse this year?
- What is your favorite type of flower?
- How do you feel about snail mail?
- Rain or sunshine? Why?
- Who is your favorite person in the Bible, besides Jesus Christ?
- What is your favorite time period in history?
That’s all, folks!