2018. It’s a beautiful number really. Today I switched to a brand new, colorful calendar. 😉 Since it’s the beginning of a new year, I find it helpful and natural to set personal goals.
Last year, I set a few basic word-related goals for myself (you can read that updated post here to see how I did) to stay on track while still leaving room for spontaneity and God’s plans I could never even imagine. 😀 So, this is really more of a “suggested to-do list” and not an “I-will-die-if-these-don’t-happen” thing. 😉
- Keep to my schedule of three posts a week. This seems to work well for me and my readers, so I think I’ll stick with it for the time being. 😉 And of course, there will be some fun extra posts (like parties!!!!) once in a while. 😉
- Interview six authors. I love getting to interact with other authors and showcase their work. 😉 If you’re an author who would like to be interviewed, please contact me!
Reading goals (do I even need these?? 😀 ):
- Read 50 books. This is probably my favorite goal of the year, actually. 😛 I’m participating in the Goodreads reading challenge again, and I’m excited to start in on it. 😉 *chants* Books, books, lots o’ books…
- Four of those books have to be non-fiction. I have bad reading habits. As in, I read almost no non-fiction. Reading entirely for pleasure doesn’t stretch my brain as much as I could. So I’m planning to read more non-fiction. 😉
- Read my Bible regularly. I don’t have a specific plan yet (we’re still discussing one), but I’d like to honor God by staying in close communication with Him.
- Publish my novel, “Kiera”. This would be my first ever novel. It’s on several topics dear to my heart. *sucks in breath*
- Publish a sequel to The Twin Arrows. To tell the truth, I’m actually a little afraid of this one. 😉 To make a book similar to its predecessor but not the same is intimidating. And exciting. 😀 And I love these characters. I think you will too. Okay, I take back the scared. 😉
- Participate in NaNoWriMo. Somehow this gets on here every year. 😀 It’s like a gold medal for Olympians or something. But I am hoping and praying to get to do it. 😉
- Write four short stories. I find short stories satisfying to write and fun to share, so I’m sure there will be a few of those this year. 😉
Those are my word-related goals for this year! What are your goals? I’d love to hear them in the comments!