noun: social media; plural noun: social medias
- websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.
And today, I’m starting a weekly series all about it! But before we get started, let me tell you what it’s not going to be about.
It won’t be a biblical argument for or against social media. (You can find those elsewhere. Probably Desiring God or another cool blog.) Neither will it be Marketing 101 because I’m terrible at that. 😛
Instead? I’ve picked five aspects of using social media that I think everyone should think through. And we’re going to think through them together. 😉
I’ll share information, what I do personally, and maybe a few good articles here and there, but this is meant to spark a conversation about how we can use social media intentionally and well.
Here’s my list of topics…
- Goals— Why are you on social media?
- Platforms— Which one (or more) is best for you?
- Safeguards— How are you staying safe?
- Time Management— How much time and how often?
- Etiquette— How are you conducting yourself?
If you all ask questions, there might even be a bonus Q & A one where Google and I (mostly Google) do our best to answer them. 😀
Looking forward to exploring this topic with you all! 😉