I wrote the same scene twice last week, but other than that I haven’t found much time for writing. 😉 I have been doing a lot of beta-reading which has been very awesome!
It’s been a little while since I’ve done one of these; so when I saw my fellow author and blogging friend Kellyn Roth tagging everyone for this blog tag, I thought I’d jump on the train. 😉
If they’d like to do this, I tag Lydia from Noveltea, Sarah from The Destiny of One, Hope Ann from Writing in the Light, Paul from Project Blank Page, and Rebekah from Read Another Page. Anyone else is welcome as well!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you (and a link if you’re willing).
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Answer the 13 questions given, and give the definition of your favorite (or just beautiful) word.
- Ask 13 questions of your own. They must all be about writing, reading, books or book characters. Make them as creative/wacky/selcouth as can be!
- Post the rules and include the award in your post.
Kellyn Roth’s Questions
- What fictional character are you in love with and why? Would you marry this fictional character? Um, so I really like Max Vandenburg from The Book Thief, but I don’t think I would marry him because he belongs with Liesel. 😉
- What fictional character is your BFF and why? Would you displace your BFF in real life for this fictional character or not? Oh, let’s see. Katy from Stepping Heavenward or Max Vandenburg. 😛 And no, I’m pretty happy with the friends I have in real life. 😉
- Choose a fictional family to be your own. What place would you play in this family? I would choose the family from the old Jimmy Stewart movie You Can’t Take It With You and probably just because they are really similar to my own family. 😉 I’d probably be the mother who is writing all the time and asking everyone “have you ever been stuck in a monastery?”
- How late have you stayed up reading ‘just one more chapter’ of a book? Two o’clock, and that was only like once… I have this crazy dream of celebrating something by reading all night, though.
- What character do you most resemble from your favorite book/series? Are you likely to do any of the things your favorite character has done? Oh, dear. The most realistic character is of course the aforementioned Katy (so I’d have to be her), but I do identify with Lucy Pevensie and Molly Hooper quite a bit. 😉 I think I would go to tea with a faun or slap Sherlock, yes.
- Most embarrassing rant about reading/writing you remember making? Um, I went on for hours about a famous author’s terrrrrriiiible denouement. Like seriously.
- If you could swap places with one author… who would it be and why? C.S. Lewis because he got to spend more time in Narnia. 😉
- Would you rather have the characters from your favorite book/series come into your world … or enter the world of your favorite book/series? I think I’d like to enter their world but only for a little while. There is much adventure here. 😉
- Narnia or The Lord of the Rings? For Narnia!!!!
- Is there any movie adaptation of a book that you actually liked? I actually really liked the adaption of The City of Ember, although I’m looking forward to rereading the books since I love them so much. 😉
- Favorite book review blog (if any)? Hmm… I actually don’t read very many book reviews. When I do they are on Goodreads, since I can read like twenty all in the same place. 😛
- Ever gotten into a major argument about a book? Ummmm… I try to be pretty peaceable. 😉 I’ve had imaginary arguments with fans of my least favorite books if that counts.
- If you could have a book-related superpower (super-speed reading, book-lifting, etc.) what would it be? I don’t exactly need a superpower, but my bookshelves should be bigger on the inside. 😉
My Questions for You (and I’m borrowing a few…)
- What is one book you think everyone should read?
- What fictional character is your BFF and why?
- What book left you wanting to throw it across the room? (Not for content reasons)
- How late have you stayed up reading a book?
- What character do you most resemble from your favorite book/series?
- Do you like first person present tense?
- Which standalone book do you think should be a series?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Kindle or paperback?
- Do you like reading ahead for spoilers?
- Who is your favorite poet (if anyone)?
- What genre do you read most often?
- How many books do you own? (Be honest!) 😛
So there you are! Happy Monday! And happy writing/reading this week! 😉