Updated January 2018 😀
Just for grins (and to keep myself on track), I wrote up my goals for this year. Consider it more of a “suggested personal to-do list” than a “hard and fast do or die assignment”; since I’m learning to be flexible so I can leave room for spontaneous projects, life happening, and whatever else God decides to throw in. 😉
- Keep to my schedule of three posts a week with one personal writing/life update on Mondays, a review on Wednesdays, and a more essay-type post on Fridays. That won’t exclude extra posts for those special times like blog parties! 😉 Update: Looking at my stats, I actually did pretty well on this one. 😉
- Interview at least one author a month. I love networking with other authors and getting to showcase their work! If you are an author who would like to be interviewed this year, go ahead and contact me. 😉 Update: It only ended up being eight authors total, but I enjoyed them immensely! 😀
Reading goals (ha, ha–like I need them!):
- Read at least 70 books. I signed up for the Goodreads reading challenge again, and this time I set a more attainable goal. I love reading (and beta-reading!) and reviewing books, so it’s gonna be so much fun! Update: I beat my goal with 76 books!!!
- Read more non-fiction. I’m not so good in the non-fiction area, but this year I plan to knock out some theological books I’ve been wanting to read for a while. Update: *glares at self* I read a total of two. And they were biographies. Very interesting ones with stories in them, so I’m not sure that even counts…
- Read through the Gospels and epistles four times this year. We’re doing a reading plan my dad put together, and so far it’s been great. Update: I think it only ended up being three times (#lifehappens) but it was great. 😉
- Publish at least one manuscript. I’m not a super-editor, so this goal is a big one for me since it probably includes sending something to beta-readers. *cues scary music* Update: I published The Twin Arrows in July!!! And two short stories besides. 😀 Also, my beta-readers were the best and not as scary as I thought. 😉
- Participate in NaNoWriMo! This is predicated on writing goal #1, since I shouldn’t add anything to my gigantic project list until I finish one. 😛 I’m pretty excited about my portal medieval idea for the big 50k sprint, so I’m really hoping this will work out. I ended up deciding against it last minute, but I have quite a few good notes in place for another time. 😉
- Finish the first draft of “Kiera”. I’m currently at the 3/4 mark with more excerpts to share with you soon! 😉 Update: DONE! And I’m 1/3 the way through a second draft. 😉
- Write at least six short stories. I love the simplicity and versatility of short stories! (I’ve written a short story series, four Christmas stories, and several others including middle-grader adventures and a fairytale retelling. You can tell I’m a fan.) 😉 It’s always so fun to set aside a big project and spend a little time on a short story to share with you all. 😉 Update: I believe I wrote five. So that’s pretty close. 😉
So there you are! Those are my word related goals for 2017! What do you hope to accomplish in the 349 days left this year?